Monday, May 16, 2011

For Dawn

My grandson’s birthday and the happiness of it also brings some sadness. He was born a year to the day after a dear friend was killed in a car accident. In the way that these things sometimes happen, I feel there’s a reason they share a day. Maybe some of her spirit lives on in him. She would have liked him. She’s no doubt one of several who have watched over him when it was needed, like when he rolled the pickup and fell out of the tree. She’s in many memories. This morning her sister posted in Facebook: “24 years later and I still can not find forgivness for you. I hope karma gets you! I remember and if I find you, You'll remember too.” I share some of that, but I think there’s been at least some karma. Goodbye again, Dawn – we will always miss you.

No comments: