Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother’s Day 2011

Looking at past posts, I’ve said most of what I have to say about mothers, my own, and the mother’s my daughters have become. I’m waiting to become a great-grandmother for the 4th time any day now, and that’s a whole different thing for sure. Never thought when I was a granddaughter, or even a mother that would happen, but it has. So I’ll just repeat from the past couple of years: from 2009, about my mother: “She is honored just about every day in my memory, and I repeat what I said at her funeral: ‘Some people say ‘Oh, no, I’m becoming my mother’ – I say ‘I should be so lucky’.” Thanks, Mommy.”
And from 2010: “So, somehow, somewhere, sometime, I did something right. And I have to thank my girls for helping me be a mother to help them become what they did. I’m sorry for everything I did wrong and I’m glad we all got beyond it. And I’m proud that you became the great mothers you are. I love you. Happy Mother’s Day. “
Happy Mother’s Day to us all!

No comments: