Monday, April 13, 2009

Emails that will bring a miracle

Just got one of those that we all are blessed (or plagued, depending on your mood at the time) with – “if the water is moving you will receive a miracle” – yeah, right.
Here’s what the person who sent it to me had to say, and what I sent back to him:
BUT I STILL DO NOT BELIEVE THAT A PICTURE CAN BRING A MIRACLE !!!! I DON'T CARE WHAT "THEY" SAY !!!! AND THE WATER DOES MOVE !!
The water is moving - but I'm with you - all these things that come through saying they will bring good or bad luck or miracles or money or whatever - hmm, nope, don't think so. The everyday miracle is in the fact that someone cares enough to use that as a way to contact you, say they are thinking of you, think that you would enjoy something that brought them pleasure. That's the miracle of friendship, a blessing that we have.
Does anyone know anyone who really did experience a miracle, receive money, have something they wished for come true from forwarding an email? I mean really KNOW someone, or have it happen to themselves? Not the friend of a friend of the next door neighbor two houses down and across the street from the hairdresser’s cousin’s brother-in-law that it somebody told them it really did happen to?
If so, please tell me.
Meanwhile, the miracles are all around. The miracle of the friend who sent this to me - I have never met him in person, but we have been friends since sometime early in 2002, through the electronic miracle of the internet. And through him I have made two other friends, same way. One I even got to meet in person, and I am still holding hope that I meet the others.
The miracle of spring, the awakening of the new season.
The miracle that my friend Andrew sent, that his father is slowly recovering from terrible complications after a somewhat routine operation.
The miracle that I can call open heart surgery somewhat routine – which nowadays it is. And., of course, the miracles of the countless lives that have been saved and enriched through it.
Miracles are all around – had one happen to our family this past week, the birth of Ethan, my 3rd great-grandchild and second great-grandson. He’s a cutie, and Megan and Josh will be great parents. Heather, mom of Madeline and Richard, the first two greats, is showing a bit of a miracle herself, as we didn’t think she was the best candidate for motherhood and she’s doing a pretty good job with them. Go figure.
Who knows, maybe because the water was moving in the email in question, I will experience a miracle and get the rest of my tech people hired, and the house cleaned, and the bathtub caulked and the yard raked and flowers planted. All before oh, maybe September? Who knows. As Tevye said ‘It was a miracle!’

No comments: